Code1
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeIndexLatest imagesRegisterLog in
We have reopened Code 1
Windows 7 will be available on October 22
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Affiliates

PSP Black Market
Want to Affiliate?

Latest topics
» How To Remove Watermark From Windows 7 Builds [Both X86 & X64]
Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:28 pm by JDawson

» Windows 7 Totaly Pwns
Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 10:17 am by JDawson

» Calvin (Nitro Innovation) singing Iron Maiden-Run to the hills
Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 9:50 am by JDawson

» 2012 Story of Nibiru
Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 9:48 am by JDawson

» Seven Transformation Pack 2.0 is here
Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 10:52 am by JDawson

» [Firefox] Surf Anonymously With Foxy Proxy
Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 10:16 am by JDawson

» Code 1 reopened.
Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 7:42 pm by JDawson

» PHP EMail Bomber
Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 7:32 pm by JDawson

» Dell Launches Studio Hybrid Energy-Efficient PC
Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 11:16 am by JDawson

Poll
Top posters
JDawson
Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected Vote_lcapZune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected I_voting_barZune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected Vote_rcap 
Muaddib
Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected Vote_lcapZune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected I_voting_barZune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected Vote_rcap 
pleek
JShafer
bighoss1025
colp
prohalo
jjhurtado
zack64
Carlos

Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JDawson
Admin
Admin
JDawson

Male Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected Empty
PostSubject: Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected   Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 11:51 am

Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected 20441

Hundreds of disgruntled 30GB Zune users on the official Microsoft Zune forums are reporting that, as of 12:00 AM Pacific time, their devices are no longer functional. The digital players are not responding to typical reboot sequences and, so far, the only user-provided solution involves cracking the back off the device. The bug appears to be similar to the Y2K bug that affected some electronic devices and software systems at the beginning of the millennium. There is no word from Microsoft yet on any reasons or solutions for this problem. There is no indication that iPod devices will be affected by this bug, which seems to be constrained only to a specific Zune model.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Codeone.tk
Muaddib
JR Member
JR Member
Muaddib

Male Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected   Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 1:30 pm

why would it be any way similar of y2k?
y2k was supposed to be a glitch because on computers there were only two digits
for the year to be entered so once we hit the year 2000 it was more like 1900
and for some reason that was supposed to make computers die

in nature it is slightly similar, with the commencing of a year, but another y2k-like bug might only come in 100 years or so
the y2.1k bug lol!

-------------------------Merged Double Post-------------------------

More news on this indicates, to fix your Zune device, all you need to do
is recharge it.

the real reason for the "Y2K"-like bug actually had nothing to do
with 2009, and in fact the glitch hit December 31st, and it was because
Microsoft hadn't planned for the leap-year and so, the Zune devices couldn't
the extra day.

Apple, was obviously better prepared.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nerdtech.tk
JDawson
Admin
Admin
JDawson

Male Number of posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected   Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 3:17 pm

Lol where did you get that info....the cbc? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.Codeone.tk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected   Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected Empty

Back to top Go down

Zune players hit by crippling Y2K-like bug, iPods unaffected
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Code1 :: Microsoft :: Zune-
Jump to: