Code1
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeIndexLatest imagesRegisterLog in
We have reopened Code 1
Windows 7 will be available on October 22
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Affiliates

PSP Black Market
Want to Affiliate?

Latest topics
» How To Remove Watermark From Windows 7 Builds [Both X86 & X64]
33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:28 pm by JDawson

» Windows 7 Totaly Pwns
33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 10:17 am by JDawson

» Calvin (Nitro Innovation) singing Iron Maiden-Run to the hills
33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 9:50 am by JDawson

» 2012 Story of Nibiru
33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 9:48 am by JDawson

» Seven Transformation Pack 2.0 is here
33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 10:52 am by JDawson

» [Firefox] Surf Anonymously With Foxy Proxy
33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 10:16 am by JDawson

» Code 1 reopened.
33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 7:42 pm by JDawson

» PHP EMail Bomber
33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 7:32 pm by JDawson

» Dell Launches Studio Hybrid Energy-Efficient PC
33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 11:16 am by JDawson

Poll
Top posters
JDawson
33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked Vote_lcap33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked I_voting_bar33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked Vote_rcap 
Muaddib
33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked Vote_lcap33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked I_voting_bar33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked Vote_rcap 
pleek
JShafer
bighoss1025
colp
prohalo
jjhurtado
zack64
Carlos

33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JDawson
Admin
Admin
JDawson

Male Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-12-31

33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked Empty
PostSubject: 33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked   33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 7:05 pm

It’s been a bad week for Twitter - over the last weekend the community was attacked by a Phishing Scam attack and in the last 24 hours 33 high profile Twitter users had their accounts hacked. These accounts included President Elect Barack Obama, Rick Sanchez, Britney Spears and other high profile/celebrity Twitter users.

Twitter explained what happened in a post on their blog:

“The issue with these 33 accounts is different from the Phishing scam aimed at Twitter users this weekend. These accounts were compromised by an individual who hacked into some of the tools our support team uses to help people do things like edit the email address associated with their Twitter account when they can’t remember or get stuck. We considered this a very serious breach of security and immediately took the support tools offline. We’ll put them back only when they’re safe and secure.”

To be fair to Twitter - both this situation and the Phishing one were responded to quickly by Twitter however it does show that Twitter is increasingly being targeted by malicious attacks and should serve as a warning to those using Twitter to expect the unexpected. While there wasn’t anything that those who had their accounts hacked could have done to prevent this - do keep your password secret and regularly updated.

Twitter does seem to be moving towards a more secure system with an beta test of OAuth scheduled for later this month - but until it goes live (and even after it) be a little more alert than normal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Codeone.tk

33 High Profile Twitter Users Accounts Hacked
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Code1 :: Forum :: General-
Jump to: